Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Trapped in Dawn’s Hour

Morning dawns with darkened sky,
Rain teems down.
Bound in dreams, at edge of night,
I cannot wake from sleep.

Visions unfold and I would follow
Along their paths.
I’m caught up in their web, nor would I
Escape from their enchanted spell.

Voices call for me to come and do my share
Of morning chores;
Echoed words confuse and trap the call
In misted dreams.

Second and minute hands intertwine
Weaving and circling in time.
Is it minutes or hours I’ve lingered here?
Am I trapped in this dream
Or a willing participant?

© Judith Lawrence June 2010

4 comments:

Janet Sketchley said...

Oh, Judith, I so relate! Thanks for capturing this so well.

Judith Lawrence said...

Thanks, Janet. Always good to hear from you and to get a comment on my writing.

Peter Black said...

Oh yes, I can also so relate, Judith.
Your well-ordered words and vivid descriptions transport me to so many places and experiences.
Thank you.

Judith Lawrence said...

Thanks Peter, I appreciate your encouragement about my poetry efforts.